Bridge Courses Starting in September
- New Monthly Games (these new games will be held once a month at the Mathewson Bridge Center on different Saturdays):
This SATURDAY – Open Team game, 12:30 start time – Register your Team.
Next Newcomer game – September 24th (Saturday), 9:30 – 12:00 – Click on the link
https://bit.ly/NewcomerGame to register for Saturday’s Newcomer game.
- Welcome recent transfers John Compton from Livermore Valley, Mrs. Kimberley Fielding from Nevada County, Joan Holland from Charlotte and Wallace (WAlly) Marsh from Bend Oregon. CURRENT Membership Count: 303 (up from 302 in July).
- CONGRATULATIONS to our members who have earned a NEW ACBL status: New Junior Masters Daniel Leary; New Club Masters Valerie Castor, Shannon Dressel, and Debbie King; New Sectional Masters Rick Wasson.
- Weekly lessons and play sessions: Thursdays, 9-11, coaching sessions by Don Rogers ($5) and Saturdays, 9:30-11:30, short topic review and supervised play by Jill Wallace and Brad Stone (free for current students, $5 for others).
- All Western 99er NiteClub: The Mathewson Bridge Center is participating in the 99er NiteClub, which offers 12-board ACBL Virtual Games, Monday – Thursdays at 6:30 pm PT. Each of the game offer post-game analysis hosted on Zoom by ACBL certified teachers. Many of our 99ers are participating and enjoying these games.
- ACBL Guest Memberships: If you would like to become a brand new ACBL member, you may sign up for a free 120-day guest membership. This guest membership will allow you to play in any ACBL club or tournament game, earn up to 20 masterpoints, read online editions of the Bridge Bulletin, and receive Live for Clubs results emails.
Weekly Schedule: Please note that the Virtual Club games are in blue text and the In-person games at MBC are in red text. If you need a partner for any of the following games, click on the button and fill out the requested information.
Schedule for October 3rd – October 9th
|Monday||Club closed for Reno Regional|
|Tuesday||Club closed for Reno Regional|
|Wednesday||Club closed for Reno Regional|
|Thursday||Club closed for Reno Regional|
|Friday||Club closed for Reno Regional|
|Saturday||Club closed for Reno Regional|
|Sunday||Club closed for Reno Regional|
Can the world’s most popular card game change the way we build connections? For those who play bridge at the Mathewson Bridge Center (currently playing virtual club games), the answer is yes!
Bridge isn’t just a card game. Bridge provides a cognitive workout as well as an opportunity for social interaction. It isn’t just seniors who are benefiting from this game, the younger generation is reaping the benefits as well. Just view “The Next Stage Has Begun for the Mathewson Bridge Center” on KRXI Fox 11 with Connie Wray and you’ll see why people like to play bridge!
Mathewson Bridge Center became bridge players new home in January 2020 thanks to a generous donation by the Charles M. Mathewson Foundation. MBC is now open five days a week for in-person games. See our schedule of In-Person and Virtual Club games in the Weekly Schedule above.
Daily Games & Lessons
Bridge teachers from the Mathewson Bridge Center offers bridge lessons, coaching sessions, and supervised play. Visit the Education on this site to see what lessons are currently being offered. We are a resilient group and we love our bridge!
Just as a bridge makes connections between two structures, playing the game of bridge builds connections among people. Contact us at email@example.com and learn more about becoming part of the Reno bridge community.