- New Monthly Games (these new games will be held once a month at the Mathewson Bridge Center on different Saturdays):
- Newcomer Game (limited to players with 0 to 20 MP) – at MBC on Saturday, July 16th, 9:30 – 12:30. Preregister at https://bit.ly/NewcomerGame.
- ONLINE PARTNERSHIP FORM: Click on the link https://bit.ly/NeedBridgePartner if you need a partner for a game at the MBC or a Virtual Club game.
- Welcome to New Unit ACBL members Katie Boroughton, Timothy Chaney, Judy Kienle, Patricia Morales, Bob Nielson, and Gloria Rallo.. Our membership grew to 307 in May, up from 301 in April).
- We also welcome recent transfers into our Unit, Bob and Beth Underwood (back from Las Vegas).
- CONGRATULATIONS to our members who have earned a new ACBL status: New Junior Masters Kathy Abel, Veronica Kaufman, Lars Severin, and Jillian Sorenson; New Regional Masters Jerry Johnson, New NABC Masters Cynthia Birk and Barbara Mickle; New Life Masters Ron Haines and Julie Wong; and New Bronze Life Masters Ron Haines.
- Weekly lessons and play sessions: Thursdays, 9-11, coaching sessions by Don Rogers ($5); Fridays, supervised play by Rolando ($15) and Saturdays, 9:30-11:30, short topic review and supervised play by Jill Wallace and Brad Stone (free for current students, $5 for others).
- All Western 99er NiteClub: The Mathewson Bridge Center is participating in the 99er NiteClub, which offers 12-board ACBL Virtual Games, Monday – Thursdays at 6:30 pm PT. Each of the game offer post-game analysis hosted on Zoom by ACBL certified teachers. Many of our 99ers are participating and enjoying these games.
- ACBL Guest Memberships: If you would like to become a brand new ACBL member, you may sign up for a free 120-day guest membership. This guest membership will allow you to play in any ACBL club or tournament game, earn up to 20 masterpoints, read online editions of the Bridge Bulletin, and receive Live for Clubs results emails.
Weekly Schedule: Please note that the Virtual Club games are in blue text and the In-person games at MBC are in red text. If you need a partner for any of the following games, click on the button and fill out the requested information.
Schedule for August 8th – August 14th:
|Monday||12:30 pm Open at the MBC – NAP Games – 1/2 Red and 1/2 Black|
|Tuesday||12:30 pm: ProAm Game at the MBC|
|Wednesday||9:00 – No Trump Virtual Game for Newcomers/Intermediate Players – Register Here|
|Thursday||SECTIONAL! 12:O0 pm: Stratified 499er and Open at the MBC |
5:O0 pm: Eight is Enough Team Game
|Friday||SECTIONAL! 10:00 am and 3:00 pm: Stratified 499er and Open Pairs at the MBC (single session allowed)|
|Saturday||SECTIONAL! 10:00 am and 3:00 pm: Stratified 499er and Open Pairs at the MBC (single session allowed)|
|Sunday||SECTIONAL! 10:00 am: Swiss Teams (2 sessions with 1 hour break for lunch)|
Can the world’s most popular card game change the way we build connections? For those who play bridge at the Mathewson Bridge Center (currently playing virtual club games), the answer is yes!
Bridge isn’t just a card game. Bridge provides a cognitive workout as well as an opportunity for social interaction. It isn’t just seniors who are benefiting from this game, the younger generation is reaping the benefits as well. Just view “The Next Stage Has Begun for the Mathewson Bridge Center” on KRXI Fox 11 with Connie Wray and you’ll see why people like to play bridge!
Mathewson Bridge Center became bridge players new home in January 2020 thanks to a generous donation by the Charles M. Mathewson Foundation. MBC is now open four days a week for in-person games. See our monthly schedule of In-Person and Virtual Club games in the Weekly Schedule above.
Daily Games & Lessons
During the last year while the Mathewson Bridge Center was closed, we have been offering online coaching sessions, bridge lessons, and daily online games. Visit the Lessons page on this site to see what lessons are currently being offered. We are a resilient group and we love our bridge!
Just as a bridge makes connections between two structures, playing the game of bridge builds connections among people. Contact us at email@example.com and learn more about becoming part of the Reno bridge community.