- New section on the Games page – Extra Special Performances (ESP) – Noting pairs who scored 60% + in games during the week.
- Mathewson Bridge Club currently now has three in-person games a week, Tuesday (Open game) at 1:00 Thursday (Open & 299er game) at 11:45 and Friday (Open game) at 1:00. Players are required to show proof of vaccination but are NOT required to wear masks while in the MBC building. If you have a fever, cold or any illness with symptoms consistent with COVID, stay home and get well before coming to the club. In addition, players will also be asked to sign a liability waiver. Please email email@example.com if you need a partner for either game and arrive early to get set up.
- ACBL’s Endless Summer of online tournaments and games (June 24-27) – Schedule of Events
- All Western 99er NiteClub: The Mathewson Bridge Center is participating in the 99er NiteClub, which offers 12-board ACBL Virtual Games, Monday – Thursdays at 6:30 pm PT. Each of the game offer post-game analysis hosted on Zoom by ACBL certified teachers. Many of our 99ers are participating and enjoying these games.
- ACBL Guest Memberships: If you would like to become a brand new ACBL member, you may sign up for a free 120-day guest membership. This guest membership will allow you to play in any ACBL club or tournament game, earn up to 20 masterpoints, read online editions of the Bridge Bulletin, and receive Live for Clubs results emails.
Weekly Schedule: Please note that the Virtual Club games are in blue text and the In-person games at MBC are in red text.
|Sunday, June 13||1:50 am Open | 2:10 pm 99er|
|Monday, June 14||10:15 am 399er | 10:25 am Open|
|Tuesday, June 15||1:00 pm Open NAP (50/50 red/black) $10|
|Wednesday, June 16||9:50 pm ProAm 500|
|Thursday, June 17||11:45 am 299er, Open NAP (50/50 red/black) $10|
|Friday, June 12||10:00 am Open NAP (50/50 red/black) $10|
|Saturday, June 13||1:50 pm ProAm500|
Can the world’s most popular card game change the way we build connections? For those who play bridge at the Mathewson Bridge Center (currently playing virtual club games), the answer is yes!
Bridge isn’t just a card game. Bridge provides a cognitive workout as well as an opportunity for social interaction. It isn’t just seniors who are benefiting from this game, the younger generation is reaping the benefits as well. Just view “The Next Stage Has Begun for the Mathewson Bridge Center” on KRXI Fox 11 with Connie Wray and you’ll see why people like to play bridge!
Mathewson Bridge Center became bridge players new home in January 2020 thanks to a generous donation by the Charles M. Mathewson Foundation. MBC is now open two days a week for in-person games. See our monthly schedule of In-Person and Virtual Club games on the Games page.
Daily Games & Lessons
During the last year while the Mathewson Bridge Center was closed, we have been offering online coaching sessions, bridge lessons, and daily online games. Visit the Lessons page on this site to see what lessons are currently being offered. We are a resilient group and we love our bridge!
Just as a bridge makes connections between two structures, playing the game of bridge builds connections among people. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about becoming part of the Reno bridge community.