- Our Holiday Party is Dec. 14th directly after the Tuesday ProAm 500 game (around 5:00). Members ($5), Guests ($10). Catered by Olive Garden. Click on the link https://bit.ly/NeedBridgePartner if you don’t have a partner for the ProAm 500 game.
- Welcome to New Unit ACBL member Kathy Abel.
- CONGRATULATIONS to: New Regional Masters Barbara Mickle and Marjorie Quaglieri, New NABC Masters David and Kathy Welch, and New Bronze Life Masters Barnaby Grist.
- Weekly lessons and play sessions: Second and fourth Tuesdays, 11:00-12:00, free lesson by Bob Luebkeman; Thursdays, 9-11, coaching sessions by Don Rogers ($5); Fridays, supervised play by Rolando ($15) and Saturdays, 9:30-11:00 and 11-12:30, short topic review and supervised play by Jill Wallace (free for current students, $5 for others).
- Players are required to show proof of vaccination and masks are highly recommended but not required while in the MBC building. If you have a fever, cold or any illness with symptoms consistent with COVID, stay home and get well before coming to the club. In addition, players will also be asked to sign a liability waiver. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a partner for F2F games and arrive early to get set up.
- All Western 99er NiteClub: The Mathewson Bridge Center is participating in the 99er NiteClub, which offers 12-board ACBL Virtual Games, Monday – Thursdays at 6:30 pm PT. Each of the game offer post-game analysis hosted on Zoom by ACBL certified teachers. Many of our 99ers are participating and enjoying these games.
- ACBL Guest Memberships: If you would like to become a brand new ACBL member, you may sign up for a free 120-day guest membership. This guest membership will allow you to play in any ACBL club or tournament game, earn up to 20 masterpoints, read online editions of the Bridge Bulletin, and receive Live for Clubs results emails.
Weekly Schedule: Please note that the Virtual Club games are in blue text and the In-person games at MBC are in red text. If you need a partner for any of the following games, click on the button and fill out the requested information.
|Monday||9:30 pm Open | 12:30 pm Open (Club Chamionship – Extra Black MP)|
|Tuesday||12:30 pm ProAm500|
|Thursday||12:30 pm Open|
|Friday||10:00 am 99er|
12:30 am Open
|Saturday||1:50 pm ProAm500|
|Sunday||1:50 pm Open|
2:10 pm 149er
Can the world’s most popular card game change the way we build connections? For those who play bridge at the Mathewson Bridge Center (currently playing virtual club games), the answer is yes!
Bridge isn’t just a card game. Bridge provides a cognitive workout as well as an opportunity for social interaction. It isn’t just seniors who are benefiting from this game, the younger generation is reaping the benefits as well. Just view “The Next Stage Has Begun for the Mathewson Bridge Center” on KRXI Fox 11 with Connie Wray and you’ll see why people like to play bridge!
Mathewson Bridge Center became bridge players new home in January 2020 thanks to a generous donation by the Charles M. Mathewson Foundation. MBC is now open four days a week for in-person games. See our monthly schedule of In-Person and Virtual Club games in the Weekly Schedule above.
Daily Games & Lessons
During the last year while the Mathewson Bridge Center was closed, we have been offering online coaching sessions, bridge lessons, and daily online games. Visit the Lessons page on this site to see what lessons are currently being offered. We are a resilient group and we love our bridge!
Just as a bridge makes connections between two structures, playing the game of bridge builds connections among people. Contact us at email@example.com and learn more about becoming part of the Reno bridge community.