- BIG NEWS: Mathewson Bridge Club is opening for two games a week, Tuesday at 1:00 and Thursday at 1:00. Players are required to show proof of vaccination but are NOT required to wear masks while in the MBC building. If you have a fever, cold or any illness with symptoms consistent with COVID, stay home and get well before coming to the club. In addition, players will also be asked to sign a liability waiver.
- GRASSROOTS WEEKEND MAY 15-16: Play in any Virtual game this Saturday and Sunday and earn DOUBLE black points. The cost will be $7. The extra dollar will go to support the Grand National Teams (GNT) and North American Pairs (NAP) from our district, District 21.
- Silver Linings Week – May 24-30 – During the week of May 24th-May 30th, Monday through Sunday, all Virtual games will be awarding DOUBLE SILVER points. Again, the cost for these games will be $7 to cover the extra cost charged by the ACBL.
- NEW Virtual Club Open Game: WEDNESDAYS, 6:00-8:00
- All Western 99er NiteClub: The Mathewson Bridge Center is participating in the 99er NiteClub, which offers 12-board ACBL Virtual Games, Monday – Thursdays at 6:30 pm PT. Each of the game offer post-game analysis hosted on Zoom by ACBL certified teachers. Many of our 99ers are participating and enjoying these games.
- ACBL Guest Memberships: If you would like to become a brand new ACBL member, you may sign up for a free 120-day guest membership. This guest membership will allow you to play in any ACBL club or tournament game, earn up to 20 masterpoints, read online editions of the Bridge Bulletin, and receive Live for Clubs results emails.
Weekly Schedule: Please note that the Virtual Club games are in blue text and the In-person games at MBC are in red text.
|Sunday, May 16||1:50 am Open | 2:10 pm 99er (Double Black MP)|
|Monday, May 17||10:15 am 399er | 10:25 am Open|
|Tuesday, May 18||9:50 am ProAm200 | 1:00 pm Open|
|Wednesday, May 19||9:50 pm Open | 6:00 pm Open|
|Thursday, May 20||9:50 am Open | 1:00 pm 99er, Open|
|Friday, May 21||9:50 am Open|
|Saturday, May 22||1:50 pm ProAm500|
Can the world’s most popular card game change the way we build connections? For those who play bridge at the Mathewson Bridge Center (currently playing virtual club games), the answer is yes!
Bridge isn’t just a card game. Bridge provides a cognitive workout as well as an opportunity for social interaction. It isn’t just seniors who are benefiting from this game, the younger generation is reaping the benefits as well. Just view “The Next Stage Has Begun for the Mathewson Bridge Center” on KRXI Fox 11 with Connie Wray and you’ll see why people like to play bridge!
Mathewson Bridge Center became bridge players new home in January 2020 thanks to a generous donation by the Charles M. Mathewson Foundation. MBC is now open two days a week for in-person games. See our monthly schedule of In-Person and Virtual Club games on the Games page.
Daily Games & Lessons
During the last year while the Mathewson Bridge Center was closed, we have been offering online coaching sessions, bridge lessons, and daily online games. Visit the Lessons page on this site to see what lessons are currently being offered. We are a resilient group and we love our bridge!
Just as a bridge makes connections between two structures, playing the game of bridge builds connections among people. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about becoming part of the Reno bridge community.