- New Monthly Games (these new games will be held once a month at the Mathewson Bridge Center on different Saturdays):
- F2F Open Team Game at MBC on Saturday, April 16th, 12:30. Start putting your teams together.
- Newcomer Game (limited to players with 0 to 20 MP) – at MBC on Saturday, May 21, 9:30-12:00. Preregister at https://bit.ly/NewcomerGame.
- ONLINE PARTNERSHIP FORM: Click on the link https://bit.ly/NeedBridgePartner if you need a partner for a game at the MBC or a Virtual Club game.
- Welcome to New Unit ACBL members Pawan Acharya, Erik Anderson, Daniel Leary, and Jillian Sorenson.
- We also welcome recent transfers into our Unit, Doris Guerrant from the Chico/Yuba City unit.
- CONGRATULATIONS to our members who have earned a new ACBL status: New Junior Masters Dan Lim, Kelly Lim, and Michael Robinson; New Club Masters Ali Tognoni.
- Weekly lessons and play sessions: Second and fourth Tuesdays, 11:00-12:00, free lesson by Bob Luebkeman; Thursdays, 9-11, coaching sessions by Don Rogers ($5); Fridays, supervised play by Rolando ($15) and Saturdays, 9:30-11:30, short topic review and supervised play by Jill Wallace and Brad Stone (free for current students, $5 for others).
- All Western 99er NiteClub: The Mathewson Bridge Center is participating in the 99er NiteClub, which offers 12-board ACBL Virtual Games, Monday – Thursdays at 6:30 pm PT. Each of the game offer post-game analysis hosted on Zoom by ACBL certified teachers. Many of our 99ers are participating and enjoying these games.
- ACBL Guest Memberships: If you would like to become a brand new ACBL member, you may sign up for a free 120-day guest membership. This guest membership will allow you to play in any ACBL club or tournament game, earn up to 20 masterpoints, read online editions of the Bridge Bulletin, and receive Live for Clubs results emails.
Weekly Schedule: Please note that the Virtual Club games are in blue text and the In-person games at MBC are in red text. If you need a partner for any of the following games, click on the button and fill out the requested information.
Schedule for May 23rd – 29th:
|Monday||9:30 am: Open (on BBO) | 12:30 pm Open at the MBC|
|Tuesday||12:30 pm: Open at the MBC|
|Wednesday||Enjoy your day!|
|Thursday||12:30 pm: 149er and Open at the MBC|
|Friday||9:30 am: 99er at the MBC | 12:30 pm Open at the MBC|
|Saturday||1:50 pm ProAm500 (on BBO)|
|Sunday||1:50 pm Open (on BBO) | 2:10 pm 149er (on BBO)|
Can the world’s most popular card game change the way we build connections? For those who play bridge at the Mathewson Bridge Center (currently playing virtual club games), the answer is yes!
Bridge isn’t just a card game. Bridge provides a cognitive workout as well as an opportunity for social interaction. It isn’t just seniors who are benefiting from this game, the younger generation is reaping the benefits as well. Just view “The Next Stage Has Begun for the Mathewson Bridge Center” on KRXI Fox 11 with Connie Wray and you’ll see why people like to play bridge!
Mathewson Bridge Center became bridge players new home in January 2020 thanks to a generous donation by the Charles M. Mathewson Foundation. MBC is now open four days a week for in-person games. See our monthly schedule of In-Person and Virtual Club games in the Weekly Schedule above.
Daily Games & Lessons
During the last year while the Mathewson Bridge Center was closed, we have been offering online coaching sessions, bridge lessons, and daily online games. Visit the Lessons page on this site to see what lessons are currently being offered. We are a resilient group and we love our bridge!
Just as a bridge makes connections between two structures, playing the game of bridge builds connections among people. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about becoming part of the Reno bridge community.